Life is filled with beauty, love, adventure, exhilaration…and loss. Sometimes life can turn on a dime, upending your entire reality. You could lose a parent, a child, a friend, your job, spouse, status, your image of who you thought you were, your health, or your lifestyle, just to name a few mega-impact events and conditions. Other times, loss can be subtle and incremental, such as the loss that comes from aging and the slow loss of your vitality; the dwindling influence of your leadership role or powerful position; fading external beauty; or no longer being sexually inspired or active. It could be that a loved one has slowly but surely distanced themselves from you.
I share all of this because oftentimes things happen for reasons that we can both anticipate and cannot imagine, nor figure out the why of it all. No matter your station in life, loss will occur and suffering will ensue. None of us can evade this universal law. But life lessons and wisdom can emerge from experiencing and acknowledging loss. Life can be mysterious and yet, many such mysteries will not necessarily be revealed. We must go-with-the-flow and trust that, although things are not the way we thought they would be, we can still exist in a place of peace, and allow the Universe (God, Buddha, Allah, Jehovah, Jesus, Yahweh) and our inner compass to guide us. Use Anu Essentials Spiritual Spritzers to help you center your thoughts and emotions. Here are some affirmations from a yin yoga class that may be helpful for you to remember and repeat. Feel free to use the statements that resonate the most with your spirit:
- All is well in my world, and I am safe.
- I let go of the past and move joyfully into the present.
- My inner self always knows what to do.
- I trust that my life is unfolding exactly as it should.
- I feel deeply connected to my own spirit.
- I am at peace with myself and others.
- I am aligned with my higher purpose.
- I release the need to change or control others.
- I radiate peace, love, and well-being.
- Each breath I take brings me more tranquility.